Thursday, June 18, 2009

LIfe or Death situation




Have you ever noticed that unless you are in a life or death situation we always think we are the ones in control of our lives?

I know that whenever I have gone through a brush with death, or accidents that almost happened, or tragedies fixing to happen, my praise always turn to God. I realize that because of Him the worse did not happen, that it was just a scare. I praise Him and I thank Him for taking care of me and delivering me.

Well, I have come to realize that in life situation it's the same. God is the one ultimate in control of everything. Sometimes I think that is a great thing, and sometimes I think that sucks.

I know deep in my heart that He being in control is way better than me being in control, or having nobody in control at all. Yes, I am a control freak!

I surely don't understand God's ways but I got to trust Him. I have no other option.

I remember before I met Jesus my life was an uncertain mess. I remember being anxious and walking on eggshells all the time. I remember feeling lost and like I didn't have a purpose, and not knowing where I was going and what the heck was I doing here. I contemplated suicide for a long time in my teen years and even after that.

God finally delivered me of this Suicide Spirit when I surrendered to Him. When I finally realized that fighting God and trying to take the reigns of my life into my own hands was just going to drive me into a nut house. When I finally surrendered and believed and confessed that He is in control. Even when I am not feeling it, even when my head and the world are trying to convince otherwise, my heart, my soul will choose to say: " God is in control. He knows what He is doing and all things work together for the good of those that are called according to His purpose."

So it's not a death situation, it's a life situation. So I choose to say: "God is blessing us. God is in control. He knows all things and everything will work together for good. I will trust God. I will not fear. I will believe He knows what He is doing. All things are submitted unto Him. Everything in my life is under His Lordship. I trust you, Jesus. "

Tereza

No comments: