Friday, October 2, 2009

Seasons of Life


In the beginning of the year I began leading a group of women that were in a rehabilitation program run by a church in town. I brought my scrapbook supplies and began teaching them how to make cards and layouts. The idea was to ignite their creativity, give them a place to put their thoughts, feelings and maybe journal their journey with Jesus.

They all enjoyed it very much and I could see how wonderful how God is. He has given each one of us gifts and talents that are completely unique.

I decided to take a short break for the summer and on our last class I suggested we did an altered book. Each one of us would make one or 2 chipboard pages with something the Lord had shown us recently or what He was speaking into our lives at the moment. Then we would put all the pages together and that would be a celebration of our time together. :)

The photo you see at the beginning of this post is of my page. Little did I know that God was really speaking to me!! hahaha :) A week later I found out I was pregnant with our 4th baby!

It caught me totally by surprise! It really shouldn't because with all my other children I wasn't the one planning the pregnancies but God was. So all my pregnancies have been surprises. But this one even more so because my plans for the next months did not include delivering a baby. My plans were completely put on hold.



The short break for the summer has not ended yet. I haven't been able to return to the classes due to morning sickness and tiredness. My etsy shop is closed. I haven't really scrapbooked in months now. My new studio hasn't been used much at all. I have been "officially" homeschooling my oldest daughter and growing in my faith. It's truly a new season in my life. But as you can see on the back of my chipboard page, there is a Season for everything. Winter does not last forever, nor does the heat of summer. I am learning to be flexible and enjoy the different seasons.

Last winter, my husband and I got sick. I had a very hard time with allergies and we both vowed not to be here for this coming winter. We said we would be somewhere tropical this winter. But unless God moves us from here to Brazil, I will be delivering a baby in the Winter right here in the United States. :)

God is once again teaching me that He is the One in control and I am glad. Because He is faithful and I can trust in Him. I will put my trust in the Lord, for He is my Strength, my Deliverer, my Shield, my Provider, my everything. Praised be the Lord Jesus Christ! :)

So what season of life are you in right now? What is the Lord teaching you?

Rest in God,

Tereza

1 comment:

Libbie said...

Thanks for sharing from the heart! Daily I am reminded of God's goodness! What would life bewithout conversations with Jesus!